Material Safety Data Sheet- SAW PALMETTO EXTRACT
1. Substance Identification
Chemical name and synonyms:
SAW PALMETTO EXTRACT
Serenoa Repens Extract
2. Composition/Data on components:
Liquid extract of saw palmetto berries, dark brown oily liquid
85 to 95% fatty acids with linear chains, containing between 6 and 20 carbon atoms. 0.2 to 0.4% phytosterols.
Not soluble in water, soluble in alcohol
3. First Aid Measures
Remove from exposure area to fresh air. If breathing has stopped, give artificial respiration. Get medical attention rapidly.
Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash affected area with soap or mild detergent and large amounts of water.
Wash eyes immediately with large amounts of water. Get medical attention.
4. Fire and explosion data:
When product is exposed to high heat and flame. Remove containers from fire area.
Fire fighting media:
Dry chemical carbon dioxide and foat. Do not use water.
5. Accidental spills and leaks/Cleaning procedures:
- Floors will become dangerously slippery
- Isolate hazard area and deny entry
- Shut off any ignition source
- Absorb with sand, and absorptive material. Wash floors with detergent and soap, hot water and rinse with hot water.
- Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
- Thermal decomposition releases carbon dioxide
- Hazardous polymerization has not been reported to occur under normal conditions.
7. Protective equipment:
Protective clothing is not required. Avoid repeated or prolonged contact with this substance.
Protective gloves are not required, but recommended.
Employee must wear splash-proof safety glasses.
Self-contained breathing apparatus with full face piece operated in pressure - demand or other positive pressure mode.